Human-Centred Design for NGOs – Free online training now available
We are very pleased to share a new online training course in Human-Centred Design from our colleagues in the Social Innovation Team at the NSW Department of Finance, Services & Innovation.
You also have access to the Human-Centred Design Toolkit which has been designed specifically for NGOs working in the not-for-profit sector. This kit includes practical activities and tools that you can take back to your organisation and use straight away to improve your services in a surprisingly simple way!
To access the training and toolkit, click here.
Why human-centred design?
- Human-Centred Design is a proven, best-practice approach to designing services that will help you deliver meaningful outcomes to your customers. It’s all about building a deep empathy with your clients and designing solutions that are customised to meet their needs.
- In 2018, NGOs will experience unprecedented change with the NSW Government’s introduction of commissioning and outcomes-based contracting. Watch this short video to learn what commissioning means for the not-for-profit sector. By using the HCD approach you will be best placed to operate within this new framework;
- And finally, when we talk with people who work in the not-for-profit sector, gaining hands-on experience in how to design, test and implement the right solutions –in a cheap and affordable way – sits at the top of most people’s wish list! It’s an opportunity to ensure that your desire to deliver meaningful services doesn’t come at the expense of achieving sustainable business outcomes.
Some highlights include:
- A clear understanding of the HCD approach and methodology
- Hands-on practice in discovering the right client problem
- How to customise solutions to meet users’ needs
- What options there are to prototype and test solutions in a quick and cost-effective way
We hope you enjoy the training and can apply what you learn in your organisation.